Introduction to Junior Hockey – Online Course
Junior Hockey in North America is alive and well. If you are entering this world for the first time, then you may be experiencing an overload of information trying to sift through all that it is and has to offer.
Perhaps you have questions like:
- What is junior hockey?
- There are so many different leagues and teams… What is the difference?
- Do I need to play junior hockey?
- How does junior hockey in the United States versus Canada compare?
- How do drafts and tenders work?
- I was approached by a family advisor… what is that?
- How do I get seen by scouts and what events can I attend for exposure?
If you have some of these questions and more you are in luck because this course was designed to educate parents and players on all of the different facets that make up the world of junior hockey in North America.
In this course we will cover 4 topics.
The basics of Junior hockey
In this section we provide the what, who, when, where and how of Junior hockey.
Junior Hockey in North America:
In this section we provide an in depth look at all of the various leagues, teams and levels in both the United States and Canada.
A look inside the recruiting process:
In this lesson we dive into various topics such as:
4. Protected Lists
5. Exposure events such as Showcases, tryouts, camps and tournaments
In this last section we take a look at the role of a family advisor and answer the follow questions:
- What are they?
- What do they do?
- Pros and Cons of advising
- When should you hire one?
- How do you go about hiring one?
In addition every section will also have:
1. Access to the presentation slides for viewing
2. A quiz to test your knowledge
3. A resource list with links to the various leagues teams etc mentioned in this slides.
We have also included a question and answer PDF that will hopefully summarize and help with any questions that might come up.
We have provided Module 1of the course to you at no cost! Click below to try out the course for free!
To purchase the full online course – An Introduction to Junior Hockey, please click below and follow the instructions!
Module 1: Basics of Junior Hockey
Module 2: Junior Hockey in North America
Module 3: Inside the Recruiting Process
Module 4: Family Advising